Photo Credit: Joshua Galloway
I wanted to interview Marsha of The Finance Bar after stumbling across her company on Instagram. I immediately connected with the innovative way that she chose to deliver financial literacy services – let’s just say she’s the epitome of creative genius. In this episode of #geniuslife Marsha Barnes shares her story on starting The Finance Bar, overcoming challenges, and innovating in a traditionally conservative industry.
If you love this interview (which you absolutely will) spread the love by clicking that pretty button below.
Interview Cheat Sheet:
- Marsha had 12 years of experience in finance and rolled her know how into an innovative business model that would enable her to make financial literacy more accessible. This is a powerful lesson in taking your core skill set and transferring them over to a completely, creative business model.
- She has a powerful “why” that helps her push forward during challenging times.
- Marsha shares how she developed The Finance Bar even without a blueprint to follow – this was something that had never been done.
- Marsha explains how having a business model built on mobile capabilities has helped pushed The Finance Bar forward and how it has helped her sustain as a small shop.
- Marsha shares her one big piece of advice for other creative entrepreneurs.
Recommended business books:
Start Me Up!: The No-Business-Plan Business Plan by Ebong Eka